- No pregnant mothers, children under age 4, or individuals with neck/back issues or have gone through recent surgery.
- Tours are active ocean adventures, where conditions can vary and may turn rough at times; this activity may not be suitable for everyone.
- We reserve the right to deny service for safety reasons and/or a pre-existing health concern that may be aggravated by this activity.
- Tours depart rain or shine at the sole discretion of the captain. Weather forecasts can be generalized to include other coastal areas not specific to the Na Pali coast. Weather clearance issued by the captain 1 hour prior to every departure.
- All tour routes and snorkel destinations are subject to change based on daily weather and sea conditions. Sea cave entry and snorkeling cannot be guaranteed for safety reasons.
- Non-swimmers are not allowed in the water. Snorkel spots are in deeper waters.
Passengers should bring necessary medication i.e. asthma inhalers, epi-pens, insulin, etc. for full tour duration and inform the staff of any health conditions in advance. Anyone prone to motion sickness should take a preventative well in advance of check in time.
- Passengers ride on an open boat with NO bathroom facility and where smoking is prohibited.
- Hanalei Bay is a natural port without loading docks. Passengers could wade out up to waist deep water and must climb a vertical dive ladder to board and disembark the vessel. Passengers will be asked to remove footwear prior to climbing aboard.
- USCG regulation requires we monitor total passenger weight on board for stability. A passenger weighing 300lbs+ is required to purchase additional seat. It is company policy that we cannot accommodate passengers over 350lbs.
Damage from the 2018 April flood disaster destroyed the access to our normal boarding spot. Passengers are required to walk from the office location along the beach to the vessel. Passengers must be able to walk up to 1 mile without difficulty.
Cancellation & Rescheduling Policy
Na Pali Coast Hanalei Inc. and Kauai Fun Tours, LLC reserves the right to refuse service due to safety and/or health conditions.
All tour routes and snorkel destinations are subject to change or may re-route due to weather and sea conditions.
No refunds for reasons including but not limited to rainy conditions, motion sickness, an altered tour route or water activity, no shows and late cancellations. If an unforeseen illness or injury prevents participation, staff must be notified as soon as possible and a Kauai physician note is required. Advance notice required for rescheduling and cancellations are as follows:
- 1-4 passengers = 48 hours prior to check-in time
- 5-9 passengers = 72 hours prior to check-in time
- 10 or more passengers = 96 hours prior to check-in time
Private charters require a 7 day advance notice to cancel with full refund. If a tour is cancelled by the captain, we will gladly offer an alternate date to rebook or honor a full refund.